Search:

Search VTCouponer: Search Google:

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Easy (and Delicious!) Rum Cake Recipe

I decided at the last minute to try my hand at Rum Cakes last year, and boy am I glad I did!  These were absolutely amazing, and the glaze just made them scrum-dilly-icious! 
NOTE:  I omitted the walnuts in mine as I didn't use the bundt pan to make mine.  I did mine in half-sized bread pans and didn't think the walnuts would work well the way I did them.  They were just as tasty without the walnuts, but if you were doing a full-sized cake, the nuts would just add to the incredible-ness!  LOL

Ingredients:
Cake -
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup dark rum
4 eggs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix


Glaze -
1/2 cup butter
1/8 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup rum

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube or Bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts over the bottom of the pan (optional).
  2. Mix together the cake mix, 1/2 cup dark rum, eggs, 1/2 cup water, oil, and vanilla pudding mix. Pour batter over the nuts in the pan.
  3. Bake for 1 hour. Cool, and invert cake on a serving plate. Prick the top of the cake.
  4. To Make The Glaze: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in 1/8 cup water and the 1/2 cup sugar. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove glaze from heat, and stir in 1/4 cup rum. Drizzle and smooth evenly over the top and sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment